One of your own violated the Masquerade. The Cacophony is alive with rumors.
- Steak in My Heart is published, and it tells of the Prince’s grave disappointment that not one member of the Order frenzied. He points out that they had every right to. He also regrets not branding the Turk’s face. Whether he really said any of this is hotly debated.
- A video is posted to an obscure website without explanation. It shows one of the blood drainers burning up with the rise of the morning sun on top of his haven. The man, Greg, wasn’t a bad guy. The video is hard to watch. He screams a lot. It made its way through a vampire listserv.
- Word around the Broken Wagon is that someone is organizing the Unaligned and it isn’t the Prince.
- Donny, an Unaligned Mekhet, has gone missing. Word has it that O’Connor doesn’t even give a shit. He hasn’t done a single thing to look into it.
- The Movement: Gore was brought up to speed on recent events and sounded out about joining blake and the Rat-King’s project. He seemed enthusiatic but pointed out the potential dangers involved. Convinced we would stick with it once things became dangerous, he agreed to help lead a meetin with the Carthians.
- Greg’s Death: Gore denied responsibility. No one is sure who is responsible or if it even was caused by a vampire.
- Donny’s disappearance: The Rat-King suggests covering it in a zine he is working on. Blake however considers O’Connor alright. The gathering agrees that Blake will see if the rumors of Rory’s indifference are true before acting against him.
- The Future: Blake and Gore discuss the threat of ubiquitous surviellance to vampire kind.
- The Professional: Blake looked at the Professional’s phone and discovered the other end of Gary’s hacking project. It seems Gary was sending the fruits of his research to the hunter. The Professional spent a lot of time in Blue Point, likely where he lived and at the Brooklyn Public Library, the same place Jerry spent time. The pieces fall into place for the Rat-King. Jerry was recruited by the Philadelphians who bear a grudge against the Turk. Jerry in turn used Gary, possibly with Gregor’s help, to gather sensitive information on assets and secrets connected to the Turk. This would be fed to the Professional who in turn would bring the Turk down, politically at least. Gary became erratic, the Professional perhaps slipped his leash and Jerry bugged out. The bomb material however remains missing though without the Professional that plan is in disarray.
- Guido Falco: The gathering admits not much has been learned about him except he seems connected to the supernatural somehow.
h3, The Carthian Meeting
The Rat-King provided the venue, a disused and decaying governmental building. After greeting all the attendees at the door, the coterie addressed the crowd of two dozen Kindred. Notable members include Doctor Lionel Graham, Samuel Radin, and Colton Reigns.
Gore gives the opening speech. Despite being well contructed, many in the audience remain on the fence. Doctor Lionel Graham pointed out that the coterie had seemed to staked anything of their own on this project. Gore is a nomad and the Rat-King hides behind magic.
The Rat-King rose to the challenge and convinced him and his faction to stay if the mystious Kindred revealed his true appearance. Apparantly the Rat-King is a short blond haired woman with scarred cloudy eyes and other signs of pre-mortum physical abuse.
Molified the conversation began in earnest.
Topics of Note:
- A written code for punishment is favored by many though some argue for mandatory maximums over mandatory minimums.
- Larger communal feeding grounds is espoused by Colton.
- Lionel said that leaders should lead, preparing our kind for the changes ahead. Forward thinking leaders, such as Lenore, are needed
- Gore discussed our fears. Lionel brought up how neonates sometimes vanish. Something, perhaps the Prince, is hunting us. Radin wonders whether it is even possible to change the system.
- Colton reveals Greg’s death was not his doing. He also agrees to the idea of giving up some freedoms for more safety. He even shakes hands with Gore.
- Clan based leadership continues to gain traction.
- The Rat-King outlines a potential the division of leadership: Judicial, Executive (Prince, Sheriff, Hounds) and Legislative (Primogen or something of that sort)
The meeting ends well with initial copies of a zine dedicated to creating a city charter handed out at the door: the Night Papers.